The ION dataset includes anatomical, field map, and fMRI data from 8 monkeys.
Creative Commons – Attribution-NonCommercial Share Alike (CC-BY-NC-SA)- Standard INDI data sharing policy. Prohibits use of the data for commercial purposes.
Macaca mulatta and Macaca fascicularis
- Siemens Tim Trio 3T whole-body scanner with or without head-only gradient insert (Siemens AC88)
- 8-channel phased-array transceiver coils
- Optimization of the magnetic field prior to data acquisition: Manual shimming
- Sample size: 8
- Age distribution: 3.80-5.99 years
- Weight distribution: 5.0-10.2 kg
- Sex distribution: 7 male, 1 female
Click here for the full sample description (.csv)
Scan Procedures and Parameters
Ethics approval: All experimental procedures for nonhuman primate research were approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee in the Institute of Neuroscience and by the Biomedical Research Ethics Committee, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and conformed to National Institutes of Health guidelines for the humane care and use of laboratory animals.
Animal care and housing: Animals were housed in single cage
Any applicable training: none
Anesthesia procedures: Anesthesia of the animals was inducted with an intramuscular injection of a cocktail of dexmedetomidine (18 - 30 µg/kg) and midazolam (0.2 - 0.3 mg/kg), supplemented with atropine sulfate (0.05 mg/kg). After intubation, anesthesia was maintained using the lowest possible concentration of isoflurane gas via a MRI-compatible ventilator.
Time between anesthesia and scanning: Scanning lasted about 1.5 hours after induction.
Head fixation: Custom-built MRI-compatible stereotaxic frame
Position in scanner and procedure used: Sphinx position
Contrast agent: none
Physiological monitoring: Physiological parameters including blood oxygenation, ECG, rectal temperature, respiration rate and end-tidal CO2 were monitored. Oxygen saturation was kept over 95%.
Additional procedures: Animals were ventilated by a MRI-compatible ventilator. Body temperature was kept constant using hot water blanket.
- Gradient-echo EPI
- TR: 2000ms
- TE: 29ms
- Flip angle: 77°
- Field of view: 96 x 96 mm
- In plane resolution: 1.5 x 1.5 mm
- Slices number: 32
- Slice thickness: 2.5mm
- GRAPPA factor: 2
- Measurements: 200
- Slice direction: Coronal slice
- T1 MPRAGE Sequence
- Voxel resolution: 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 mm
- TE: 3.12ms
- TR: 2500ms
- TI: 1100ms
- Flip angle: 9°
- Slice direction: 44 sagittal slices
- Number of averages: 2
- Field map: a pair of gradient echo images
- TE1: 4.22ms
- TE2: 6.68ms
- Orientation and resolution: same as resting-state images
- Intended for EPI distortion correction
- Lv, Q., Yang, L., Li, G., Wang, Z., Shen, Z., Yu, W., Jiang, Q., Hou, B., Pu, J., Hu, H., and Wang, Z. (2016). Large-Scale Persistent Network Reconfiguration Induced by Ketamine in Anesthetized Monkeys: Relevance to Mood Disorders. Biol Psychiatry
- Zheng Wang1
1Institute of Neuroscience, Key Laboratory of Primate Neurobiology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
The authors thank Drs. Lawrence Wald, Ravi Menon, John Gore, Franz Schmitt, Renate Jerecic, Thomas Benner, Kecheng Liu, Ignacio Vallines, and Hui Liu for their generous help and contribution to the construction of our custom-tuned gradient-insert (AC88) 3T MRI facility for nonhuman primate subjects.
- Hundred Talent Program of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Technology) (Zheng Wang)
- Chinese 973 Program (2011CBA00400)
- The “Strategic Priority Research Program (B) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (XDB02030004)
- The Outstanding Youth Grant (Hailan Hu)
Click here to download the data. Users will first be prompted to log on to NITRC and will need to register with the 1000 Functional Connectomes Project website on NITRC to gain access to the PRIME-DE datasets.